March 12, 2012

Iltis Fuel Tank Strap Replacement - Take 1

I thought I was ahead of the game.  I ordered a set of Iltis gas tank straps as my old set on the vehicle had rusted, one was hanging in the breeze.  Much to mu surprise, I found I had 6 straps, and no hardware (bolts, pins, etc) when I unpacked the package.  The Iltis needs 4 pieces of strap, two bolts, and a bunch of other hardware.  Oh well - Time to source the right bits and finish the project later this week..

The vent hose is loose and leaks gas when I fill it to the top... it seems it needs a hose clamp, and I have a replacement hose as well.

The back floor boards, the square holes are where the rear seats lock into place.
.
Out with the floor boards, and there are the rails they sit on

Out go the rails!
Removed a panel - and voila!  Jackpot!

Busted gas tank strap and a loose vent hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment