June 03, 2015

Mid-Canada Line Locations

"Site Up North"
by Raymond Fortin
I was very happy to receive in the mail a response to an Access To Information and Privacy request I logged a month ago, and in it was a scan of an old document which clearly documents the coordinates of every single Mid-Canada Line (MCL) site that ever was.  I updated my old 2013 blog post, and here it is!

When satellite imagery wasn't clear, the sites are just placed where they are "supposed" to be.  Assume these are all rounded numbers, and not precise locations.

If you've got pictures of these locations, from the past or present, I'd love to see them!






Special thanks to:
Original Document
  • Archie Gray, Bell Canada I&M Rep, 1957-58
  • Bernard Gervais de L'association des Aviateurs et Pilotes de Brousse du Québec
  • The Department of National Defence Access To Information Act and Privacy team
  • Larry Wilson and his dedication to his web site ( http://www.lswilson.ca/ )
  • Mike Milinkovich, Bell Canada I&M Rep, 1956-59
  • Thomas Page, Gene McManus, and the The Air Defense Radar Veterans Association 
  • (Québec) Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs (The Ministry of Sustainable Development, Environment, Wildlife and Parks)

No comments:

Post a Comment